What is the rarest Charles Dickens book?
Charles Dickens and the Popularity of Abject Misery
- 10 Most Expensive Charles Dickens Works Sold on AbeBooks.
- Works of Charles Dickens – $12,500.
- A Christmas Carol – $7,500.
- A Tale of Two Cities – $6,950.
- David Copperfield – $6,450.
- Works of Charles Dickens – $4,402.
- Oliver Twist – $4,366.
- Master Humphrey’s Clock – $4,019.
What is the most expensive Charles Dickens book?
A Christmas Carol
The most fetched by a Charles Dickens work at auction is believed to be the $290,500 (£174,610) achieved in New York in 2009 when Christie’s sold a pre-publication presentation copy of A Christmas Carol.
What’s the most expensive book in the world?
You are looking at the Bay Psalm Book printed in 1640, which sold at a Sotheby’s auction for $14.2 million on November 26, 2013. The auction firm estimated the sale price would be between $15 million and $30 million – but the final price still ensured it became the world’s most expensive printed book.
What is the most sought after book?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of…
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
Who owns the most expensive book in the world?
Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex of Leicester, also known as the Codex Hammer, is the most expensive book ever sold. The 72-page linen manuscript includes Leonardo’s thoughts, theories and observations of the world, like the movement of water, fossils and the luminosity of the moon.
What is the rarest document?
The Declaration of Independence The original Declaration of Independence, signed by Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams, is easily one of the rarest, most sought after documents of all time. There were only 200 copies of it printed on July 4th, 1776, and only about 26 copies survive to this day.
Which is the richest bike in the world?
Most Expensive Big Motor Bikes in the World
- Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Fighter – $11 million.
- 1949 E90 AJS Porcupine – $7 Million.
- Ecosse ES1 Spirit – $3.6 million.
- Hildebrand & Wolfmuller – $3.5 million.
- BMS Nehmesis – $3 million.
- Harley Davidson Cosmic Starship – $1.5 million.
- Dodge Tomahawk V10 Superbike – $550,000.
How do I know if old books are valuable?
The easiest way to know how much your copy of a book is worth on the open market is to check on how much similar copies are currently being offered for. Fill out this form with enough information to get a list of comparable copies. You probably don’t need to include every word of the title and author’s name.
Are all first edition books valuable?
A beaten-up old book that is falling apart will have little value. First editions are sought-after by book collectors and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. A first edition signed by the author will have even greater value.
What is the most expensive book in the world?
World Book Day 2020: Here’s a look at the world’s most expensive books.
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard, J.K. Rowling – $3.98 million.
- The Gutenberg Bible – $5.4 million.
- First Folio, William Shakespeare – $6 million.
- Birds of America, James Audubon – $11.5 million.
- The Codex Leicester, Leonardo da Vinci – $30.8 million.