What is the meaning behind the song You Are My Sunshine?
In other words, “You Are My Sunshine” is actually two very different songs: In its entirety, it recounts a troubled love affair beleaguered by recrimination and mistrust, but reduced to just its chorus, it is a sweet/bittersweet declaration of pure and simple love, with a simple yet powerful metaphor at its core.
Why is You Are My Sunshine sad?
1) You Are My Sunshine We might not realize just how sad a song is when parts of the song commonly get left out and that is certainly the case with “You Are My Sunshine.” The lyrics in full speak of a love that has gone away, the person left behind pleading through troubled dreams for the return of their dearest.
Who wrote the lyrics to You Are My Sunshine?
Writer Jimmie Davis
BMI songwriter Jimmie Davis, known as Louisiana’s singing governor, died Sunday, November 5 at his home in Baton Rouge, LA.
Who Owns You Are My Sunshine?
you are my sunshine The song was first recorded by the Pine Ridge Boys on August 22, 1939; the Rice Brothers Gang recorded it on September 13, 1939; Jimmie Davis bought the ‘rights’ to the song from Paul Rice for $35 in late 1939.
Is You Are My Sunshine a metaphor?
Yes. Unless the speaker is literally speaking directly to sunshine, then this is a metaphor.
Where Did You Are My Sunshine come from?
“You Are My Sunshine” is a song popularized by Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell in 1939. It has been declared one of the state songs of Louisiana because of its association with Davis, a country music singer and governor of the state in the years 1944–1948 and 1960–1964.
Where is my sunshine quotes?
You Are My Sunshine Quotes and Sayings
- “You are my sunshine.”
- “You brighten up my life.”
- “You’re my sunshine on a rainy day.”
- “You are my sunshine on a stormy day.”
- “Friends are the only sunshine in my life.”
- “You are the sunshine that makes my day.”
- “You make me happy in a way no one else can.”