How do I download YouTube videos in Linux?
Ubuntu and Linux Mint
- Open a terminal.
- Enter the following command to install Pip and FFMPEG: sudo apt install python3-pip ffmpeg.
- Install youtube-dl using the Pip Python package manager: sudo pip3 install youtube-dl.
- When the install is complete, you can use youtube-dl from the command line.
How can I download video from Ubuntu?
- To integrate uGet to Firefox browser, install FlashGot addon. Once installed, in Firefox menu go to Tools > FlashGot > More Options. Under Download Manager, choose uGet.
- For download video: in Firefox menu go to Tools > FlashGot > More Options. choose FlashGot Media.
How can I download YouTube videos directly to my laptop?
How to Download YouTube Videos on Your PC
- Download and install YTD Video Downloader.
- Navigate to the YouTube video you want to save, using your browser.
- Launch YTD Video Downloader (if it’s not already running).
- Copy and paste the YouTube address from your browser into YTD’s URL field.
- Click the Download button in YTD.
How can I download YouTube videos directly?
How Do You Download YouTube Videos Directly?
- Head to The Video. Open YouTube on your browser and head to the video you want to download.
- Add ‘ss’ In The URL. Next, you need to edit the URL in the text editor provided by YouTube. Simply, enter ‘ss’ after ‘www. ‘ but before ‘youtube.com. ‘
- Go to the Download Site.
How do I download 4K video on Ubuntu?
Step-by-step – 4K Video Downloader Ubuntu 20.04 Installation
- Download YouTube playlist and channels.
- Extract YouTube subtitles.
- Get videos in 4K quality.
- Private YouTube content download.
- 3D video download.
- 360° videos download.
- In-app proxy setup.
- Smart Mode Feature.
How do I watch YouTube on Linux?
Best YouTube Apps for Linux
- Minitube. Pros: Lightweight, easy to use clutter free interface.
- Gtk-Youtube-Viewer. Pros: A command line interface is also available, provides the ability to download videos.
- MotionBox. Pros: Can open multiple videos in tabs.
How download streaming video Linux?
Here are some of the best tools for capturing and downloading streaming video from websites online so you can watch them offline.
- Video DownloadHelper. Available on: Chrome, Firefox.
- 4K Video Downloader. Available on: Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Freemake Video Downloader. Available on: Windows.
Which is the best YouTube video downloader for Ubuntu?
What are the Best Youtube Video Downloader for Ubuntu 1 Youtube-dl. Youtube-dl supports download of videos in different file formats as well as audio from Youtube and other sites. 2 YouTube-DL GUI. To download a video, paste the video’s URL into the URL box. 3 Clipgrab. 4 4K video downloader.
How to install and use youtube dl on Ubuntu 18.04?
Use the option –write-auto-sub to download Video subtitles if available. If you are not a cli-centric person, you can as well install Youtube-dl GUI program for easy download of video files. youtube-dl-gui is a cross-platform front-end GUI of the popular youtube-dl written in wxPython.
Where do I find YouTube videos in Ubuntu?
Downloaded files by default are stored in Home directory. Oh, don’t think just because the name has YouTube in it, it works with YouTube only. You can download videos from several websites including Vimeo, Dailymotion and Facebook. Normally, youtube-dl should be in software sources of Ubuntu.
How can I download a video from YouTube?
Downloading YouTube videos is just a matter of few clicks with Clipgrab. Just get the URL of the video, paste it in Clipgrab, select the quality and format of the video and hit Grab this clip! button. It’s not ust YouTube, you can download videos from other major video websites such as Vimeo and Dailymotion.